Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shining stars and Boulevards ©


Chapter one.


I walked down the deserted rode just like every other night.
Except tonight was different,the air was cold and crisp,and the streetlights shone on the wet pavement.I felt chills wash over me and zipped up my jacket.The stars shone brightly two stars trying to out twinkle each other.I laughed,thinking how us people are just like those stars.
Always trying to outdo each other.I'd been lonely for a long time,always wishing to have someone to join me on my walks.But after a certain amount of time I got over it.
This was the one time I could really be alone,and think.I made my way to the turn which would lead me down to the old ballpark that I adored.The wind picked up rustling some leaves,but it felt somewhat nice on that summer night.I examined the ballpark,and remembered some fun times I had there,just walking and laughing with friends.Things were so different now.I sat down on the bleachers and looked back up to the stars.In all their beauty,I sat breathless.One went shooting across the sky,"I might as well go ahead and make a wish,even though it's useless" I muttered to myself."I wish,that someway,somehow,someone is out there thinking of me,my one true love and wishing to find me.I would give anything for him."My thoughts were interrupted when a car drove by,making me forget what I was doing for a good few seconds.I picked myself up off of the bleachers,and walked home admiring the romance of this moment,and how lovely it would be if I had someone to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment