Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dancing my heart away © chapter 2


I stop and breathe,try to calm my nerves before walking into the building where we practice ballroom dancing. I think about how amazing he is and walk in the door,he greets me with a smile and says I'm so happy to see you. I smile thinking,I can almost bet I'm more excited about seeing him then he is about me. He says,oh by the way,I may not be here next week to teach so could you give me your number so I can call and tell you what's up? So I said of course as I wrote it down. Well then everyone headed up to the dance floor,as he showed us the new dance we would be learning, I smiled as he danced with an invisible girl wishing it was me. He finally said,ok we're all gonna try this together,ladies grab a man. Of course someone went to him before I could and I went down the line of short,tall,skinny,big,older,and younger guys.. At last I made my way to him,he smiles saying ah I finally get to dance with you again. I blush as we start dancing,I keep looking at my feet and tripping over myself like a total kultz. He says,look up at me,I look up at him and look into his eyes... it was one of those moments where time stops,and we both messed up. He quickly says sorry everyone,just keep going. And him and me restarted and I was to nervous to look into his eyes again. He smiled and said,I'm sorry I have no idea what came over me.The song ended and me and him were still dancing,everyone looked at him wondering what they were to do next. Then someone said,earth to Jonathan!he looked over and said oops,lets try the cha-cha next and switch partners everyone. He let go of me and said thank you,that was wonderful. As I walked away in a daydream I felt so great,then I realized I was dancing with a tall guy again and lost my moment. Practice ended,and I had to leave right then,as I was running out the door Jonathan waved and said I'll call you. I waved back and walked out the door,although it didn't feel like I was walking,it seemed more like I was floating on a cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment