Sunday, January 6, 2013

Betting on a dead horse.

I'm tired of everyone telling me what's good for me. For once, I'd like to make my own decisions without someone getting mad at me for it. I don't want to be molded by other people. I want it to be God and I. Sure, if someone gives me advice, I'll consider it. But when they get mad at me for not doing what they tell me to, I just get so.. frustrated. I'm tired of being bossed around. I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm getting my life in order. I have two jobs. I'm trying to get one full time one and quit these. But I'm wrong because I won't find a job in a different town and move there right now? Why don't you move to my town? Not so fun being on the other end, is it? I said I wanted to move out, but I didn't say I wanted to move right beside you.
I want to be between the two places I love, and I'll worry about that once I have means of transportation. I don't want you to be mad at me for it. Or for buying a drumset. I bought the drumset because it's the only one I'll be able to find for that price, and I happen to think it was a good deal. You can't get mad at me for it. Sure, you think it's a piece of junk, but I've actually been playing it constantly, and I adore it. And I ask you for easy songs to learn on drums, and you ignore me? You can't at least help me since the "damage" is already done? I guess I can do this alone. I just can't stand getting nagged at or ignored for making my own decisions. If I was married and I was sharing my money with someone, I absolutely wouldn't buy a random drumset. But I'm just me for now, so I am pretty sure I can do whatever I want with my money. Besides, I already spend half of it on you. Not that I mind it, because I don't. But shouldn't you be happy that I bought something that I enjoy when you're the one who told me I shouldn't save all of my money or I'll go insane from not buying myself something every once in a while? I just.. don't know what you expect of me. I'm trying to be perfect, but we all know that can't happen. I did nothing wrong by buying this drumset. I'm not doing anything wrong by getting a new job in my town. I'm working so hard. And I haven't nagged at you for the fact that you haven't got a job, because I'm understanding. I know you care about me. And I know you're trying. But could you PLEASE for the sake of all that is good in the world, stop trying to control my life?

~Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment