Friday, September 30, 2011

A kid from the past.

This is a contradiction.

I'm one of those people who is most touched/inspired/learns best from visual and sound. Meaning a person can explain something to me a million times but I still might not get it. But if they draw a picture to illustrate their point, then I'll understand. Or if they play a song. Or perhaps if something I heard in my past comes back. Like an old voicemail. Which just happened to happen today. Why I still have voice messages from January 29th, 2011, I'll never know. But I listened to them all from that date til now, and honestly, I felt like crying. I thought, "How could I screw that up?" But then the next voicemail came up which was from a different person. It just made me frustrated, and I thought, "How could I be so stupid?". Finally another voicemail came up. It was from my dad, from Wednesday. His only words were two bible verses, and "goodbye". And honestly, those were the most helpful. The Word of God, and my dad are so, so inspiring. I was given hope. Maybe I did screw up in my past. Maybe I lost some amazing people who were in my life. Or maybe they were only amazing when things were going great, but as soon as things got tough they turned on me. I know I've made mistakes, and I still do it to this day. But I've got God. I've also got those people who have stuck with me through this all. Everything. Though they're few, they are the best. And though I may be single forever, I would be fine as long as I had Jesus. Though I'm sure He'll send me a man someday. For now, I've been single for a while. And I plan to keep it that way until someone impresses me, AND makes the first move. So, it could be a while. Lets see who's got time to waste.

-Ms. Conduit

No comments:

Post a Comment