Friday, February 3, 2012

So, I'm definitely glad I listened to God about the whole job thing. Even though it's only been a few days, a lot of things have come up. I've discovered the sound we're aiming for. I'm working on getting my voice stronger and more 'rock' sounding. Maybe like Icon For Hire. But... more importantly, I discovered that our drummer doesn't want to tour. And I understand that. I should of known that we'd all have to sit down and discuss before something like this was to happen. As we text back and forth, I'm wondering. Should he quit? He has been talking about how he doesn't have enough time to do all that he needs to and that he's getting burnt out. Maybe quitting the band would be better for him. He wouldn't be under pressure for our shows that we have, and he wouldn't have to worry about practice, and touring in the summer. So I don't know. I just wonder. What will it mean for the band? We all practice at his house. That's where all of our equipment is. Darius is one of my best friends. I just feel like we're going different places in life. I'm not worried about finding a drummer, because I already know there are a few people who'd be willing to play for us and even tour possibly. But I just.. it's hard. It hurts. Darius and I started the band, and it would be weird to do it without him. But when I mentioned touring, he mentioned his house, jobs, and dogs. And I realized that he has commitments. Matt and I don't. Neither of us own houses. I could easily quit my job and go. I don't know what to think. I'm just glad we're figuring this all out ahead of time. It's really good to know this now. He said he can't tour at this season in his life, but he's the oldest one in the band. He could be married and have kids at any time. Matt and I are still just trying to make enough money to get by. I know God has the answer. I know He will answer. I just need to be patient and trust Him. I just don't want anyone hurt. I can't think anymore. Time for a nap. At 1:30am.

~Ms. Conduit

No comments:

Post a Comment