Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I'll play the game, but I can't stay
I got my head on straight, and I'm not gonna
change, I'm not gonna change
I'll win the race, keep up with the pace
Today is the day that I start to pray
You can't get in my way, no
I'll get by, I'll survive, when the world's
crashing down, when I fall and hit the ground
I will turn myself around, don't you try to
stop me, I won't cry. -Avril Lavigne


"There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart.
So you'd better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying."

"Music is a total constant. That's why we have such a strong visceral connection to it, you know? Because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in your or the world, that one song says the same, just like that moment."

"Some things don't last forever, but some things do. Like a good song, or a good book, or a good memory you can take out and unfold in your darkest times, pressing down on the corners and peering in close, hoping you still recognize the person you see there."

"It's just that...I just think that some things are meant to be broken. Imperfect. Chaotic. It's the universe's way of providing contrast, you know? There have to be a few holes in the road. It's how life is."

"You can't always get the perfect moment.
Sometimes, you just have to do the best you can under the circumstances."

"Holding people away from you, and denying yourself love, that doesn't make you strong.
if anything, it makes you weaker. Because you're doing it out of fear."

"And I'll do anything you ever
Dreamed to be complete
Little pieces of the nothing that fall"

"You are the author of love,
our freedom is in Your name.
embracing the cross made for us,
You brought us to life again.
caught in Your love,
with all we are let us say...
God our hope, and our salvation,
worthy of all the praise, be our light
everlasting. Great is Your name,
Jesus the first and the last."

"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style"

"We must be willing to give up the
life we have planned to have the life
that God planned, that is waiting for us."


-Ms. Conduit

No comments:

Post a Comment