Monday, March 14, 2011

"And you give me this feeling
It's like no other feeling
But it knocks me off my feet

Please don't ask me what I like about you
Cause it's every little thing you do
And that's just the way you make me feel"
-Fm static

Oh hi.
I don't think you know how
amazing you are.
Really.

So blogger,
I apologize for my absence.
I've been sorta busy.
And not really in the mood
to blog. But I'm baaack!
So, be happy.
Or annoyed,
but still.

I remember saying a while back,
"So many people marveled at what
Jesus said and did. They all tried to bring
Him down, and get Him to say or do the
wrong thing and He never did. They
would then marvel at him. I want
to be like Jesus. I want people to marvel
at the things I say."
Well, yesterday at church I heard
one of the most awesome things ever.

"When Jesus heard these things, He marveled at him, and turned around and said to the crowd that followed Him, “I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!”"
Luke 7:9

Jesus MARVELED. He, the savior of the world, MARVELED at a mere man.

"The crowd joined in the attack against Paul and Silas, and the magistrates ordered them to be stripped and beaten with rods. After they had been severely flogged, they were thrown into prison, and the jailer was commanded to guard them carefully. When he received these orders, he put them in the inner cell and fastened their feet in the stocks. About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose." Acts 16:22-26

When we live by faith, and praise God through trials, messes, temptations, and all kinds of suffering, He MARVELS at us. When God marvels at us, the prison doors open. The chains are broken. But it takes perseverance. We have to praise Him, we have to live by faith, we
have to serve Him even when we're persecuted for it. Then He blesses us. Then He sets us
free from the prisons we're trapped in.

Bottom line,
I wanted people to marvel at the things
I say. Then when I heard this, I was amazed.
God could marvel at me. That's exponentially more
important than a simple person marveling at me.
I have to live by faith. I have to do my best.
I want God to marvel at me.
I want to be free.

-Ms. Conduit

No comments:

Post a Comment