Monday, March 3, 2014

Catching up on lost time.

Windows down,
Music loud
Rebelling against
Things that held us back

Driving fast,
Coming off the ground
Laughing loud
As my heart pounds

Smiling crooked,
My stomach is jumping
The chip in your tooth,
To me is charming

Spinning fast
Til I'm dizzy
You smile and reach out
Your hand to me

Backing away
As we swing
Too nervous to think
Too nervous to blink

Rushing water
Hearts ablaze
A great escape
First kiss today

Tangled up inside
Eyes so bright
A feeling that makes
Me so alive

Pouring rain
A smiling hint
Leaning on your tailgate
A drenched kiss

A look of distress
Feelings of confusion
Someone in the background
Pushed back from this picture

More than one
A broken family
Can't be fixed
If I stand between

A bittersweet goodbye
Both left with a gift
Something that I
Will never forget

Though time has passed
Memories linger
I won't be angry
But instead be grateful.

1 comment: