Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pride.

You need to understand that your deliverance is connected to someone else.
Whether you like it or not. I don't care who you are.
There is someone out there who has words for you, they have your
victory right in their next sentence.

Pride will destroy many things. We don't want to hang around people
who will correct our wrong ways of living. We wanna hang out with people
like ourselves, who think what we're doing is right. When it's not.
We need to hang out with a higher crowd. And accept their correction.

Pride can keep you from good relationships.
Oh so and so hurt me. Get over it. Relationships aren't always rosy.
Pride says "You hurt me. I want nothing to do with you.
Don't touch me, don't talk to me, don't even look at me."

Pride is only concerned with protecting you. It doesn't want you to expose yourself.
It doesn't want you to admit that you're wrong. It only shows you how everyone
else is wrong. Not you. You can only focus on what they did and said about you.
It's always them - never yourself. When you give it all up for God's service, you learn
to forgive. You learn to examine your own heart, faults, weaknesses, and shortcomings.

Someone else has your victory. Someone has hurt you. But think, maybe
the person who hurt you has your victory, and you need to forgive.
And listen. Let pride die.


No comments:

Post a Comment