Monday, September 20, 2010

Short story thing by me xD

"People act like everything is the end of the world these days." Vince said, as he kicked a rock. "Oh, what do you mean?" Shelly asked. "Every time someone has even a tiny problem, they blow it up like it's the biggest thing in the world, and like they will never get through it. I on the other hand,
don't think that a simple problem is the end of the world." He replied, as he walked over and fell onto the grass. Shelly sat beside him, and he looked up to the passing clouds. "Well, Vince, what would you say the end of the world is?" Shelly glanced at him as he turned to look at her and smiled. "The end of the world to me, well. It's different for me than it is for others." He replied. "Oh really? How?" Vince appeared to be thinking about this for a moment, before he spoke. "Well you see, could you imagine one person being the whole world to you?" He asked, as he took her hand.
"Actually, I can." Shelly smiled. "Do you have a pen?" Vince's question surprised Shelly, but she reached into her bag and handed him a pen. He smiled at her, and wrote something on the inside of his hand. "That's what I'm meaning. Everything else could fall apart, but as long as I had this one person, everything would be okay, I would still have MY world." Vince replied, and Shelly lifted her eyebrow. "Who is your world, Vince?" Vince smiled at her, but didn't say a word. Instead he revealed what he had wrote on his hand for her to see.

His hand said 'You.'

-Ms. Conduit

No comments:

Post a Comment