Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Short story by me :D

"Have you noticed how people treat each other these days? They claim to love each other,
but yet they still treat each other terrible. They treat each other like they're
worthless, or stupid. I don't understand it." Shelly said, as she walked down the moonlit street.
But not by herself. Never by herself did she walk on such beautiful nights. Vince stopped beside
her as they leaned over the guardrail over the river, and watched the moon ripple in the water.
"I have noticed. More than that,I've lived through it." Shelly looked up at him, but he continued
to stare at the water. "What do you mean?" She asked. Vince sighed, and pondered. "I dunno, Shell. People just don't treat others well. I wasn't always treated well. I didn't always have you."
He smiled and took her hand. "I don't see why people don't try harder. Life would be so much nicer, so much more wonderful, if we could all learn to love. Love is more than a word." reaching into his pocket, Vince pulled out a gum wrapper. Shelly looked like she had a thought, but then
gave him a confused look when he held it up. "A piece of trash?" She asked. "Ah, a piece of trash to some-" he paused, and folded the wrapper and twisted it. "but to others, a piece of art." replied Vince, handing her a ring that was once a wrapper. "Creative." She laughed. "I guess a lot of people view things differently. And love will always be more than a word. Some people just
won't realize that actions speak louder than words." as Shelly slipped the wrapper on her finger, Vince chuckled. "True my darling. But I realize it, and you know what?" Looking down at her, he smiled. "What?" She asked. He then wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.


by Ms. Conduit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment