Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A poem I wrote... again.

Can't sleep unless you've said goodnight,
But you haven't and something isn't right.
My heart is in pain, my mind is racing
I wonder what I've done wrong as I'm pacing.
Back and forth in this room,
I feel sleep tonight is just doomed.
I send up a prayer, because I know even
though you're not, that God is there.
Where have you gone? Do you even care?
You've hurt me inside, maybe you're not aware.
God please love me, because people haven't
And I'm crying out to you, this is my lament.
But I know you will never leave me or forsake me
You're always there to listen, not matter what the time may be.
You hold me in your arms, when no one else does
It's then I know that you're enough.
You're all I need, because in the end
People will always fail me, but I will rend
my heart to you, you know just what to do
to fix the damage that's been done
If only into your arms I run.

-Ms. Conduit

No comments:

Post a Comment