Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm so lame.

It was Friday night, I was feeling quite confident in myself.
DJ let me play his guitar, so I was sitting on the steps to the
stage as a few younger girls surrounded me. I played
"you belong with me" by T-Swift and they all sang along.
I smiled to myself as I watched you walk through the back
of the sanctuary into the kitchen,as you sneaked a glance
at me. I played a few more songs to entertain the girls, and
then they disappeared. Sarah came up to me, and I said
"I'm gonna write a song right now, are you ready for this
dose of awesomeness?" She grinned at me, as I plucked the
strings and started singing. "Everytime I see you, I don't
know what to do, everytime you smile at me my heart stops
beating, I can't find the right words to say, so I'll say mmmmm
mmmm." She lifted her eyebrow at me and replied "now, you
should show it to leedle leedle." we laughed as I punched her arm.
I got up to walk to the kitchen and Ivana walked beside me. I
had another brilliant brainstorm. "Ivana! I can play the "F.U.N."
song from spongebob!" We walked into the kitchen while I was
playing it. "You have to show leedle leedle, he loves spongebob!"
I'm not exactly sure how it happened, and how I got the courage,
but I walked straight over to you and said "I have a song for you."
I then proceeded to play the FUN song, as you sang it with me
and yelled it when it came to planktons part. We both laughed
as you said "I've seen every episode" as I nodded in agreement.
I handed Corey the guitar because he wanted to be goofy with it,
and I walked into the hallway. Sarah followed me with a "what is
up with you tonight?" facial expression. "Oh don't give me that look,
you know I really like him." I breathed as I leaned against the door.
"Yes,I know. That's why you need to talk to him more." she replied.
"I can't.. I just can't. It doesn't seem like he wants to talk to me. He
knows I'm interested, even if it's just to be his friend. I don't have the
courage to talk to him. His smile brings me to my senses, and I know
that I have to stay on the right path. He makes me smile, and whenever
he talks to me, I feel alright. My heart doesn't beat so fast that it'll explode,
I just feel... peaceful." I said, as I looked out at the parking lot. She looked
at me like I'm hopeless. But then smiled and dragged me back into the kitchen
to get the guitar back from Corey. He handed me the guitar and we walked
back into the sanctuary as I started to play "mighty to save". I was really
getting into it, and praising God, and Sarah was singing with me.. then I heard
something behind me. I forgot where I was in the song and turned around.
It was you, you were on the stage getting your guitar and heard it all. I blushed
and Sarah said "Isn't she good?" I turned red... and then you said "Yes." and smiled.
I could of died. You walked outside and put your guitar in your car as Sarah sat
there grinning at me. Time went by, and I asked Ivana when we were heading
to her house. She said "Whenever leedle leedle gets back from walmart."
My jaw dropped and she rolled her eyes "yes, we're going to ride with him."
I smiled and sat back down. Finally, you returned from walmart and we all
got in the car. I wasn't feeling well at that point, and to make matters worse
I got to sit in the back in the middle. I leaned forward and relaxed, trying to
make all of my thoughts go away. I then realized the car smelled like you,
and I started to breathe easier. You turned on music and I could feel it beating
in my heart. Then, it started storming. I couldn't see the rode through the windshield,
and couldn't imagine how much worse it was for you. Everyone else was scared, but
me and you. Or you may have been scared, but you didn't say so. I didn't either. But
I wasn't scared. I knew if God put me in this car with you, you were able to get us
home safe. Things would be okay. They always were. We made it to Ivana's safely.
I smiled at you as you drove away.

-Ms. Conduit

No comments:

Post a Comment